Please read all instructions!
1. Each participant or their music director must be a member of the Wyoming Jazz Educators. To become a member, click on membership information to the left.
2. Audition etude mp3 files may be uploaded at this link:
The Bandworld link will be active on September 19, 2022.
You will need an email address and an account with Bandworld to upload audition files.
The VOCAL JAZZ Audition Deadline is Saturday, October 15, 2022, 11:59pm.
The INSTRUMENTAL Jazz Audition Deadline is Monday, December 5, 2022, 11:59pm.
4. Be certain to upload mp3 files according to the instructions given for each track.
Once you upload files, listen to each one again to be sure that the correct file is uploaded.
5. Each student may only submit one all-state jazz audition package per instrument:
• Multiple auditions on the same instrument are not allowed.
• A student may submit an audition package for different instruments (e.g., Alto Sax and Tenor Sax;
Jazz Bands and Vocal Jazz).
• Please note that each single audition package will consist of mulitple tracks.
6. Do not have any extra material on the audition recording (no talking, revealing your school,
director, or name).
7. All State Jazz Band Auditions are open to 9-12 grade students only who are members of your high
school jazz ensembles or equivalent if none are available.
8. Directors need to be clear and follow directions on numbering and identifying audition tracks.
Be sure to check with the individual requirements to number and group tracks correctly.
Again, there should be NO TALKING at all on any tracks.